Monday, January 18, 2010

...do you have a dream?


Hi. On this day in 1993, for the first time, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was officially observed in all 50 states. King, and his policy of nonviolence, was the dominant force in the civil-rights movement. Martin Luther King Jr. has now been dead longer than he lived. But what an extraordinary life it was.

At 33, he was pressing the case of civil rights with President John Kennedy. At 34, he galvanized the nation with his "I Have a Dream" speech. At 35, he won the Nobel Peace Prize. At 39, he was assassinated, but he left a legacy of hope and inspiration that continues today.

Yesterday I laid and installed Webster Carpet/Runners and the final result was a resounding win. It was raining in Chester County, PA so I could not bring the boys, much to the dismay of the client's boys. Next time! Have a non violent day and keep the peace. New animal needlepoint pillows are slowly being added to my website. Click on the Pug!
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." Martin Luther King, Jr.