Sunday, January 24, 2010

...an apple a day


Hello. On this day in 1984 the first Apple Macintosh went on sale. Ironically, George Orwell's 1949 novel, "1984" spoke a lot about big brother. What better way to keep an eye on people than with a computer, or am I simply a paranoid? What would students today do without computers and the Internet? Back in the 70's, when I was, well... I didn't have a computer but this thought provoked me into forming a Top Ten list of my favorite 70's items.
Carpenters my favorite group
Datsun 240Z my first (or second car)
Debbie Bruni my saving grace neighbor
Friendly Ice Cream what didn't I deep fry?
Brady Bunch shirts with a zipper in the middle
Nanny and The Professor (names don't get much better than Phoebe Figalilly )
Methacton Band (the people, not necessarily the marching)
Sherri...for accidentally showing me WCU
Newman Center... even Nuns can rock and roll
God...for seeing me through the 70's relatively unscathed.

"Fortune favours the bold. " Virgil