Saturday, January 9, 2010

...circus


Hi. yesterday I ended up helping a friend move. Talk about up and down! Little did I know that we would be making many trips up and down staircases. I should title today's blog "I am a millionaire" if I am that much of a soothsayer. It is downright frigid today. Thank God for heated leather seats. Last evening cleaning was in order and my vacuum must have been in a state of shock as it stopped sucking. Thank God again, and along with God, my Aunt and Uncle who had given me a vacuum cleaner many months ago. Cleaning did not have to be delayed. The boys hate the sound and it is my own little circus trying to keep them from biting the electric monster. On this day in 1768 in London, Philip Astley staged the first modern circus. His brother Rick performed "Never Gonna Give You Up" and the crowd went wild. I don't know what is in 'store' today but I will be skipping the StairMaster later. Have fun. Adopt an elephant.
"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town."
George Carlin