Monday, February 1, 2010

...free to be


Hi. It is cold and sunny in Chester County, PA this morning. The 'boys' hate to wear their harnesses but it is a necessity for their safety. They may consider it involuntary servitude, but they also like to run after buses and bite the tires. I delivered the 9' x 12' Tartan Plaid Rug after shop hours on Saturday and it went very well. Snow began to fall as I was leaving and most crawled home. Even with my heavy SUV and 4 wheel drive, I had to keep my wits about me. Slave to the weather? On this day in 1865 President Abraham Lincoln signed the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, prohibiting slavery. The Wing Chairs for AD are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Forecasters are calling for more snow. It will go well and I am sure to deliver to her family room before I am trapped into staying there overnight. Have fun today, work hard and remember... there are no good reasons to be placed in a position of servitude. Subordinate, possibly. Servitude, never. Shown today: "Fusion Ebony End Table." It is part of a new collection now available on my website.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
Abraham Lincoln