Tuesday, February 9, 2010

...star


Hi. The Wing Chair gal came yesterday. Have you ever met someone that you liked immediately? Some kind of star connection? This happened to me with,well, I will refer to her as NiceNurse. Her personality and intelligence shine brightly. It was a great, surprising connection. I think that all of us have the ability to be stars. If we had famous relatives we would definitely be stars...but stars of another variety. Get it, 'Variety?' On this day in 1960, Joanne Woodward received the first star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Then, on this day in 1964 The Beatles made their first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, performing before a "record-busting" audience of 73 million viewers. On this day in 1971 Satchel Paige became the first Negro League player to be voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. (That's what the League was called back then, it isn't me.) My connections are not strong this morning Internet-wise so this blog may be free of links. Have fun, shine brightly and hum Helen Reddy singing 'Baby, I'm A Star.' She even cusses in it. Oh,my.
" 'Cause I'm a star. I don't take no sh*t from nobody!" Helen Reddy