Friday, February 19, 2010

...it's my party and I'll...


Hello. On this day, many, many years ago my Mom gave birth to her second child. Me. Thanks to the Internet, I have already received many Birthday Greetings and am thankful that there are so many good people around me. On this day and in the same year,Prince Andrew, Duke of York was born. His Mom is Queen Elizabeth, but my Mom is better. Queen Elizabeth bore a Duke, my Mom bore a Queen. See how concise things can be? A few interesting things happened on this day through the years, some even make sense and can be considered ironic if you know me at all. On this day in 1878, the phonograph was patented by Thomas Edison. He did a test by playing Carpenters second album. Today in 1963 the publication of Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique launched the reawakening of the Feminist Movement in the United States as women's organizations and consciousness-raising groups spread. On this day in 1985, artificial heart recipient William J. Schroeder became the first such patient to leave the hospital. Alive. *clears throat* ELM wrote a poem for me which I will share now:

Birthdays come but once a year
some hide, some run, some duck.

You never age a day my dear
I know it's more than luck.

Estee Lauder on the shelf
a tiny pill or two?

Running dogs around the court
will keep your heart rate true.

But I suspect it is far more
that keeps your spark so bright.

An open mind, a caring soul,
an angel keeping watch at night.


Happy Birthday and much love,

Weezie, Buddy, & Lucy

SSO sent a beautiful e-card and EA did my numerology thing.
A birthday on the nineteenth day of the month indicates the full gamut of the vibrations, from 1 through 9, influencing your personality. Logical, persevering, tenacious, practical , artistic and universal, you can rise to great heights or fall to great depths in both acts and emotions. You're independent and must not submit to limitations. This independence is the source of your dislike of society's conventions, which you refuse to follow in your private life, though you don't give public offense. Your versatility opens a wide range of career options for you, though you are suited to a profession rather than to business. Your deep sense of responsibility and strong impulse to better conditions equip you well for politics if you are so inclined. You crave change and variety, are always altering your surroundings and will need to make many adjustments in your personal life.

I am thankful that God and the Universe have given me more time here. Have a great day, fight for a positive spirit and for Heaven Sake, drink one for me tonight. I will need it.
Today's photo, well...I am second row, second one in from the left. Click on the photo to enlarge it and look for the ears.

"When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece." John Ruskin