Wednesday, December 23, 2009

...rare


Greetings. The delivery went great yesterday as we lugged furniture upstairs without even dinging a wall! Even the client pitched in which is often rare. Their dog Figaro helped also. When I took him outside and threw a snowball for him, his bewilderment on where it disappeared felt cruel to me. I didn't throw a second one. That's not rare when it comes to me and animals. Friends are here from Naples, FL and are adjusting to the colder temperatures. I was walking around in a turtleneck; they had on layers and layers and one friend was grasping a hand warmer. The blood must thin after a few months. Speaking of both rare and blood, on this day in 1972 the 16 survivors of the Andes flight disaster were rescued after 73 days, having survived by cannibalism. Happy Holidays! My 'overnight' tassel trim arrived a week later but I understand at this time of year.It would be rare to receive it on schedule. It isn't like it was a Holiday present. Have fun, wrap but don't get too wrapped up that you miss the true meaning of this time of year. Sing carols also.
"Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own." Aesop