Tuesday, December 29, 2009

...extinct


Hi. There are two more days in 2009. What do you plan to do with them? Many people that I have spoken to are more than ready to bid adieu to this year and bring on 2010. Yes, it has been a challenging year for many but personally, I am not that ready to say goodbye. Not that I have a choice. Luckily I have a blog that is a sort of new age diary and can easily look back to all of the good things that happened this year. Even if I deleted the posts they would hover somewhere out there. Was it a challenging year? Yes. Was even the most simple of tasks, (like delivering a box of Holiday chocolates to the mechanic, that almost started a police chase)a way to test my mettle? Maybe. All I can say is, road closed and everything else, they did receive the candy. I don't want 2009 to be extinct. No one can take away the memories, as long as I have a blog and/or my current mental state. On this day in 2003 the last known speaker of Akkala Sami died, rendering the language extinct. My concern is, if he was the only one who spoke that language, it must have been lonely for him prior to his death. There are two more days left in 2009. Make the best of them. We can always hope and pray that 2010 is a better year, God willing. "B" will probably buy the pictured table, but don't worry. They can make more. They are not yet extinct, or backordered...yet.
"Keep the faith, don't lose your perseverance and always trust your gut extinct."
Paula Abdul
*cough* that wasn't a typo on my part...