Tuesday, December 8, 2009

...immaculate perception


Hi. It is downright cold in Chester County, PA today. A few more people bought the needlepoint tree skirts and luckily they are available to ship in time for the holidays. My Mom was born on this day and will celebrate her 21st birthday again in Heaven with, no doubt, many friends that she has met there. She is probably singing with John Lennon, who was shot and killed by Mark David Chapman in front of The Dakota apartment building in New York City on this day in 1980. My Mom used to perform a robust Patti LaBelle imitation into a hairbrush and am sure that she and John have come up with a few duets worthy of a record label. She visited me the other evening after a most grueling week. I had narrowly missed hitting two deer on my way home and planted myself on a sofa in my Living Room. All of a sudden I was surrounded by Chanel #5. Two dogs and the cats remained silent, but Charlie stood up and barked at nothing visible so Mom and I chatted a bit and then the perfume went away. Today Catholics celebrate the Immaculate Conception which is, according to Roman Catholic Dogma, the conception of the Virgin Mary without any stain of original sin. My Mom wanted to have T-Shirts made up when very young girls found themselves 'with child.' She wanted to call it the "Me Too Mary" line. It would have been a huge commercial success. Have a great day, take nothing for granted because we all know how things can change on a dime.
"Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door." Coco Chanel