Wednesday, January 26, 2011

...proinhibitions


It is snowing here in Chester County, PA. Last evening I had a most wonderful phone conversation with a wife, and then her husband; both now owners of a beautiful new sofa. But they don't want to pay for it! Seasoned as well as I am, I didn't let it fluster me when the old bat told me to 'take a walk' and then hung up on me. What did I do? Called them right back. Then the husband called me a f*cking idiot! Who is truly the idiot? Methinks it is the side who think that they don't have to pay for received goods. I need a martini! Speaking of which, on this day in 1838 Tennessee enacted the first prohibition law in the United States. I was of legal drinking age that year and, as luck would have it, my friend Kristen was making her own hooch from a bathtub in her Grandmothers' room. Lucky us! The hardest part about prohibition was finding olives and telling the shopkeepers that they were for a Greek Salad. Sometimes it is good to lose ones inhibitions, but don't try to cheapen anyone's day.

'Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.' Andre Gide