Monday, January 17, 2011

...can you take me high enough?


Just yesterday I was having lunch with M,E,J,G & M W. Part of our discussion was listing retail venues that have gone out of business including Bonwit Teller, Wanamaker's, etc all having been in our own back yards. I learned tho' that Yang Ming, also in our back yard, was voted Best Chinese restaurant in the US, or something like that. That is something to be proud of. On this day in 1983 the tallest department store in the world, Hudson's, the flagship store in downtown Detroit closed due to the high cost of operating.I personally only like to hear success stories, but reality then sinks in. One of my favorite songs is "High Enough" which I have linked in case you need to hear it. Have a great day, don't get too high ( remember Hudson's) and give it your best shot. And like JO said, if there is an irritation in your life, be like an oyster and turn that irritation into a pearl. Good luck with that!
'Pleated Balloon Valance' shown today. Hang it high enough to create a sense of height in your room.
"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
Martin Luther King, Jr.