Wednesday, March 10, 2010

...rewrite in black and white


Hello. I was preparing 1120S Corporate Tax Forms yesterday while solicitors continually phoned. I finally had the brains to let them go to voicemail. It isn't fair to real customers but something had to be done. Who invented the phone anyway? Geez. Oh yeah. On this day in 1876 Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful telephone call by saying "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you." They then shared a bottle of Moet and snuggled quietly by the fire. I could not survive without the telephone and now my Blue tooth Device which is permanently attached to my ear. Some say that they cause brain cancer, but one needs a brain on order for that risk to become an issue. I think that I am safe. Speaking of which, "If I Only Had A Brain" was originally written by Arlen and Harburg as "I'm Hanging On to You" for the 1937 Broadway musical "Hooray for What!". The song was ultimately dropped from that show, and when the pair was later hired to do the songs for The Wizard Of Oz, Harburg simply wrote new lyrics to the tune. The same thing happened with "Maniac" from "Flashdance". It was originally submitted for the "Halloween" horror classic and with a little rewriting, became what it is.
Have fun today, and if you don't like the current script that is your life, start rewriting it. It's your life. Shown today "Black and Damask White" wallpaper.
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." George Burns