Tuesday, March 2, 2010

...light up the night


Hello. The sun is out today, replacing all the grey. It's nice to see the light, both spiritually and literally. I ascended a two story ladder late yesterday and cut a paper template for operable arch cellular shades. It was fun. I can see why many people like to get high. I also installed the box pleated valance and had lunch with a great friend. Then I had dinner with another great friend. Then when I returned home another great friend stopped over. I am a lucky guy. Each of those friends always see the light, whether it is immediate or at the end of a tunnel.On this day in 1949 the first automatic street light was installed in New Milford, Conn. "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer was wafting out of a second story window and an attractive gal in her late 40's, (Joan Rivers perhaps) was leaning against the lamp post. Happy Birthday Karen Carpenter! Have a great day no matter your livelihood and continue to seek the light. Street corner or not. "Huntsville Lamp" show today.
"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit." William Shakespeare