Sunday, March 21, 2010

...earth to everyone!


Hi. I was on my deck appreciating the 'coming alive' of the grass and buds and just realized that, on this day in 1970 the first Earth Day proclamation was issued by San Francisco Mayor Joseph Alioto. Earth Day is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. It is on 22 April. It was founded by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in in 1970 and is celebrated in many countries every year. As I walked the 'boys' I noticed wayward worms on the sidewalk and always pick them up and toss them back on the earth. Let's all be aware of the planet we share. 'Delia' is of the butterfly genus. One fluttered into my shop yesterday in human form, beautiful and serene. Please send positive, healing thoughts in her direction as she makes her way back to Atlanta.
"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." Woodrow Wilson