Thursday, February 3, 2011

...in stone


Today I will get my Drivers License photo updated. Hurray! I am now rethinking the large bag of salted Restaurant Style Chips that I inhaled last night, followed by a several large glasses of water. I hope they can fit my now large face into the tiny square on the license. Last night, as I marinated in salt, I was thinking about how smart it would have been to have saved each license, if only for posterity sake. Not that they take that angle when shooting the photo. On this day in 2010 a cast of the sculpture L'Homme qui marche I by Swiss sculptor Alberto Giacometti sold for 103.7million dollars, setting the record for most expensive sculpture sold at a public auction. Used in the past for identification purposes, qui marche must have had one hell of a time at the airport. Passports and Photo ID's are so much more convenient. "Sea Grass Embroidered Pillow" shown today. Available in late March because they take forever to sew.
"A rolling stone gathers no moss, but it gains a certain polish." Oliver Herford