Thursday, June 17, 2010

...Taj Mahal


I want to thank everyone who sent such warm and loving wishes to Baby Boy. That little trooper is resting at his favorite location. Well, second favorite location. If I had placed him on the Double Camelback Sofa it would have been rather inappropriate and very wrong. He is in his garden next to his favorite tree. He is also still around as we all know, in spirit and in memory. Not to be too self involved, even tho' it is my blog, but I awoke and went to sleep with Baby Boy 16,804 times before subtracting a week in Tuscon, a week in Georgia and a handful of days in Virginia. You get the idea. I'd like to think that his resting place is his own Taj Mahal, which brings to mind what happened on this day in 1631. No, I wasn't there, but Mumtaz Mahal died during childbirth on that day. Her husband, Mughal emperor Shah Jahan I, then spent more than 20 years building her mausoleum, the Taj Mahal. I am still working on the Velvet Box Pleated Valances and repairing the top of a table as the finish seems to be disappearing. Baby Boy, are you playing little games? If so, they are more than welcome.
"Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back." Babe Ruth