Tuesday, June 8, 2010

...designer heal thyself


Six weeks ago I joined an impromptu tennis match, wearing my steel tipped boots. I know, pretty silly. A day later I figured that I had broken a small bone in my foot. No big deal. My friend and Doctor is currently going through massive chemo so I was not going to call and whine about such a small thing. My dreams are great. I awoke after a dream telling me to put a cotton ball soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide on the lump, so I did. This was at 3 am. Surprisingly and immediately an inch and a half, minuscule thickness metal stick came popping out. Here it is a few days later and now I am free to kick some a** with both feet!.Two interesting freedoms occurred on this day the first being in 1953 when the United States Supreme Court ruled that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons. Then, on this day in 1984 homosexuality was declared legal in the Australia state of New South Wales. Blacks in restaurants and then gays being made legal? Hell in a hand basket I say. I am delivering a large sisal rug in the next few minutes so I have to sign off. Treasure your freedoms. It can be a very healing thing.

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
Abraham Lincoln