Sunday, December 19, 2010

...good company


Last night was the 23rd annual Christmas Party at the Qualms. Prior to that was a quick drink and time well spent with co-workers. Back to the Qualms. It was great to see everyone, many nestled on the sofas by the tree by the time that I got there. KJ taught me a back way to get there and she is terrific. There is something to be said about the safety and warmth of a safe haven. I felt quite at home as did probably everyone else there. I also took a huge slice of what I thought was chocolate cake but ***whammo*** it had more alcohol in it than my Grandma's Manhattan. The drive home was uneventful, thankfully, if you know what I mean. On this day in 1777 George Washington's Continental Army went into winter quarters at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. I drive through the park on my way to work every day, am thankful for troops that continue to protect us and wonder also how the Revolutionary Warriors made a home from unheated log cabins. I guess we do whatever it takes.
"It is better to be alone than in bad company." George Washington