Thursday, November 25, 2010

...giving thanks


How am I thankful?

Let me count the ways.

Having all my senses,

to know of rainy days.

Hot running water,

to greet me every morn,

Food at the table,

clothes not ripped or torn.

Friends all around me,

wish I had more time,

to spend with each one of them,

make sure they know they're prime.

4 legged housemates who smile thru thick and thin,

A job that is challenging no matter lose or win.

A home, a safe haven,

a soul to feel the light.

A heart, strong and sensitive,

but wise in knowing right.

On this day of thanks, I wish for everyone,

this list of what I'm thankful for.

Throw vodka in for fun.

On this day in 1984 36 top musicians gathered in a Notting Hill studio and recorded Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas" in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
"Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."
Walt Whitman