Friday, October 8, 2010

...communicate


I had many dreams last night, one of which was my Max. Some say that dreams help to relieve the stresses of the day and I won't argue. I do think that sometimes they are something more. I no longer keep a pillow where he used to rest his head and hope that he sleeps peacefully in Heaven. I know that my Mom does. Maybe she is keeping a pillow for him up there.
On this day in 1860 a telegraph line between Los Angeles and San Francisco opened. It made it easier for Lindsay Lohan and the paparazzi to keep in touch when they weren't sharing the same coast. On this day tomorrow it will have been seven years since my Mom's death. I wish they had a telegraph line from here to Heaven, but think of the cost of that cell phone bill!I wanted to continue working on those custom board mounted valances, but the day...and then the night got away from me.
The sun is beginning it's ascent and we have another day. Lucky for us! Make the best of it, keep the lines of communication open and look for other ways to communicate. I do, and it has worked out pretty well over the years.
"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
Louis D. Brandeis