Sunday, July 10, 2011

...out of Africa




Oftentimes, people claim that I must have been born under a rock. I have a Birth Certificat that proves otherwise, but I have no memory of that day. On this day in 1997 in London, scientists reported the findings of the DNA analysis of a Neanderthal skeleton which supports the "out of Africa theory" of human evolution placing an "African Eve" at 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. They think that is where all humankind originated. Fine with me, as we are all one anyway. I swear that I found another sister on Friday. We are so similar that we even adopted the same, rare kind of dog. Our skin colors do not match, but so what? Maybe they match more than I have ever imagined. Embrace the day, our differences and keep your eyes opened to the fact that we are more similar than we might think. "Black and White" Powder Room shown today.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain