Friday, March 18, 2011

...I can hear music


Vocalist Kathy Troccoli gives me goosebumps. Whether she is singing religious or secular tunes, she has a unique voice that does it for me. Music has always been my sanctuary, and I never take that gift for granted. On this day in 2003 British Sign Language was recognized as an official British language. There are 125,000 deaf adults in the UK who use BSL plus an estimated 20,000 children. The language makes use of space and involves movement of the hands, body, face and head. Many thousands of people who are not deaf also use BSL, as hearing relatives of deaf people, sign language interpreters or as a result of other contact with the British deaf community. If you cannot hear music, make your own kind. If you can hear the music, be thankful and give this a listen. It is Kathy Troccoli and the Beach Boys singing, and what else, "I Can Hear Music."

"All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming."
Helen Keller